Extracting data from GCF files
The easiest way to extract data from a GCF file is by using the “View” mode of Scream.
- Right-click on the file and select View with Scream from the context menu. Alternatively, from the command line, type scream -view filename where filename is the path to the file containing the GCF data
- Hold the key and the left-mouse button, then drag over the area of interest until the screen displays only the data you want.
- Release the key and select Save from the pop-up menu.
You can save the data in any of the formats that Scream supports.
It is also possible to extract data from a GCF file using GCFinfo.
- Install GCFinfo on your PC.
Right-click on the GCF file and select View.
Select ViewTime Section or use the mouse to zoom in until the window displays only the data you want.
- Select FileSave As… and choose a name for the new file.
You can also save in the other formats supported by gcfinfo, allowing quick and easy extraction of data for analysis in other applications.