NAM-mk2 password reset guide
- For EAMs (both Peli™-cased and cylindrical), DM24SnEAMs, Peli™-cased DAS units and nTDE instruments, please see the EAM password reset procedure
- For Affinity digitisers, please see the Affinity password reset procedure
- For legacy NAMs and NAM64s, please see the legacy NAM and NAM64 password reset procedure
You will need:
- A Monitor connected via either DVI or VGA; and
- A Keyboard (either USB or PS/2).
- Ensure that the NAM-mk2 is powered off.
- Connect the monitor via either DVI or VGA, and ensure that the monitor is turned on.
- Connect the keyboard to the NAM-mk2.
- Power on the NAM-mk2.
- After the buzzer sounds, a screen similar to the following will be
displayed. Press the down-arrow key
to select the entry labelled "Service environment":
GNU GRUB version 1.99-27+deb7u2 ┌──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │Platinum │ │Service environment │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ │ └──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘ Use the ↑ and ↓ keys to select which entry is highlighted Press enter the boot the selected OS, 'e' to edit the commands before booting or 'c' for a command-line.
- Press the Enter key ().
- When presented with a "service" prompt, enter the following command:
- The result should look like the following:
service / # resetpass Resetting password... [ 5.964212] EXT4-fs (sda4): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibi lities [ 5.990312] EXT4-fs (sda4): couldn't mount as ext3 due to feature incompatibi lities Creating new /mnt/etc/shadow_http. service / # _
- Enter the following command to reboot the system:
- Once rebooted, log in to the system using either the keyboard/monitor, the serial console port, or via SSH. The username will be root and the password will have been reset to rootme.
- Run the following command to change the password. This is required
because the password for the web-interface user will not have been reset
by the above procedure:
This completes the procedure.